What information do we collect? How do we use it?
- When you order, we need to know your name, e-mail address, home address, credit card number and the card's expiry date. This allows us to process and fulfill your booking and to notify you of its status;
- We also ask for your telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your booking.
- When you submit a customer review about our services, we also ask for your e-mail address, although you can choose not to have your e-mail address displayed with your review.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
- We personalize your booking experience by using your purchases to shape our recommendations about sailing boats, sailing paths in the Greek and Mediterranean waters and other recreational information that might be of interest to you. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the Ocean Nomads website.
- We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the Web site, new ocean-nomads.com services and special offers we think you'll find valuable.
How does Ocean Nomads protect customer information?
When you make a booking or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by the Greek Data Protection Legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorized access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
What about cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do enable us to provide extra features and to store items in your HD for faster access between visits. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can still use all of the features in our site.
Will Ocean Nomads disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
Ocean Nomads does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. If we may choose to do so in the future with trustworthy third parties, we will first ask your permission by e-mail.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to make bookings at Ocean Nomads possible and to enhance your overall booking experience. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
Please tell us what you think
Ocean Nomads welcomes your questions and comments about privacy.